I’ve been breaking out of my routine and experimenting in the kitchen lately, and I want to bring ya’ll the fruits of my labor. From now until Superbowl Sunday, check back here on Thursdays to get some healthy game day recipes!
This week I’ve got some Chicken Burger Sliders (two ways!) and Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. The sliders would be a great appetizer or main dish, and are definitely simple to put out buffet style. I chose to wrap them in bibb lettuce, but you could absolutely serve them on some mini buns. What I love about both of these recipes is that they are super simple, with minimal cleanup. So try them out, and check back next week for some other game day ideas!
Chicken Burger Sliders (Two Ways)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes (plus 1-2 hours in the fridge)
Makes: 8-12 burgers, depending on size
1 lb ground chicken
⅓ cup flax meal
½ T garlic salt
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp Trader Joe’s Umami seasoning
1. Mix all of the ingredients together. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Use a small scoop to portion out burgers- I used two scoops per slider and made them about ½ inch thick. Roll together in your hands to form the burger and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Cook the burgers for 16 minutes, flipping halfway.
5. Heat up a pan with a thin layer of olive oil and drop each burger in to crisp up the sides- about 1 minute per side.
6. Place each burger into a bibb lettuce leaf for the ‘bun’. Top with onion and tomato
7. OPTION ONE: drizzle with barbeque sauce (pictured here) and sprinkle with goat cheese.
8. OPTION TWO: drizzle with buffalo sauce and top with crumbled blue cheese.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
1 large sweet potato
½ T avocado oil
1.5 tsp Cinnamon OR 1 tsp garlic salt and ½ tsp paprika
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the sweet potato into “fries”- be sure to cut them all to about the same thickness.
3. Toss the fries in the oil and your desired spices.
4. Put a thin layer of fries in the air fryer and cook for about 7 minutes, opening the fryer to toss them 1-2 times.
5. If you have a larger sweet potato, you may need to cook 2-3 batches.